Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Meatloaf "Cupcakes", Garlic Mashed Potato "Frosting" and Bacon Sprinkles



Meatloaf Cupcakes, Mashed Potato Frosting with Bacon Sprinkles
 
Bacon
I bake my bacon on a cookie sheet and parchment paper to start off with, at 375 degrees 10 minutes on one side then flip 10 minutes on the other side. Cool and drain the bacon grease on a very fancy paper towel is my preference the dice it up. Or you can buy pre-crumbled bacon in the salad dressing aisle of your store
 
Meatloaf
 I do a small amount for just my hubby and I but can totally be doubled no problem
 
1 pound lean ground beef (chopped meat I have learned from my NY friend)
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup of quick oats (oatmeal)
1/2 cup tomato paste 
half a chopped medium onion
1 tsp garlic powder
 
Mix everything up I prefer to do this with my hands until completely mixed then make into cupcake sized balls to place into the cupcake pan that is sprayed with non stick spray.
 
Topping for Meatloaf
1/4 cup tomato paste
2  Tablespoons dijon mustard
3 tbls brown sugar
 
Mix completely and the put this on top of each of your meatloaf cupcakes.
 
Place in 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
 
When done take out of oven and make a quick swipe around each little cupcake with a knife then take out about 10 minutes later and place on a plate.
 
Mashed Potatoes   
 
Make your standard mashed potatoes heck if you want to use instant mashed potatoes you can but they have to be the thickness of frosting. Then pipe your mashed potatoes onto your cupcake meat loafs sprinkle with bacon and serve with whatever side you choose.
 
Makes a simple meal look fancy!
 
Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment