My husbands favorite thing is Mountian Dew or it was until he was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lymphomic Leukemia). He tries to stay hydrated as possible so he for the most part has given up dew. I thought when I saw this recipe I would have to try it. How can you go wrong with cupcakes and mountian dew.
Recipe for the cupcakes:
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix (next time I am going to try it with lime or lemon pudding)
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
10 fluid ounces Mountain Dew
- Mix cake mix, pudding and eggs well.
- Add in your oil to the batter and mix for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in your mountain dew soda and mix for another minute.
- Add to cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees F for 13-17 minutes (or until toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Allow time to cool before frosting.
For the filling:
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup butter
1 cup flaked coconut
- In Medium saucepan add the crushed pineapple with juice white sugar and corn starch, cook over medium heat with a whisk until thickens
- Turn off heat and add melted butter and coconut.
- Place in bowl covered in fridge while it cools.
- Put into piping bag or with a spoon insert into your cupcakes.
1 1/2 Pounds Confectioners Sugar
3 sticks of salted butter (room temp)
1/8 cup approx of Mountain Dew
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Beat your butter well till smooth, slowly add in 1 cup at a time of confectioners sugar and your lemon juice & mountain dew.
- Add all of your sugar and check for thickness of the frosting. If it is too thick add a teaspoon at a time of mountain dew till you reach the correct consistency to pipe or frost your cupcakes.